Apache Training / Apache Web Server Administration Training
Contact us for details or
if you need a custom or on-site class.
The hands-on Apache Web Server Administration class covers the fundamentals
of Apache HTTPD administration, including: installation,
standard configurations, analyzing traffic logs, techniques for setting
up virtual hosting and password-protected webpages, and more.
The Apache HTTP Server is the most popular web server, powering over
60-percent of all websites. It is free, open source, and available for
various Unix-type operating systems, OS/2, BeOS, and Microsoft Windows
platforms. This class will be taught using open source Unix operating
systems, but most of the skills will also be applicable to maintaining
the Apache Web Server under other operating systems.
This class is designed for students who are new to open source Unix
administration. Some Unix, BSD, or Linux experience would be helpful.
if needing introductory or refresher Unix shell training.
Topics covered in this course include:
- basics of HTTP protocol
- configuring and installing Apache HTTPD from source
- installation from pre-built packages
- configuring the httpd.conf configuration file
- common run-time configuration directives
- main differences between 1.3.x and 2.x versions
- enabling Apache modules
- starting, restarting, and stopping the HTTP service
- setting up and maintaining Apache logging
- understanding and analyzing traffic logs
- setting up IP-based virtual hosting
- setting up name-based virtual hosting
- password-protected webpages configurations
- basic SSL (for HTTPS) setup and configuration
- CGI configuration for dynamic webpages (e.g. server-side scripting)
- security enhancements and techniques for securing web servers
- standard web server administration troubleshooting
- Detailed course curriculum and hand-outs.
- Small class with one-on-one interaction.
- Hands-on training, one system per student.
- Certificate of course completion.
10-percent discount for early paid registration.
Group rates also available.
Also register for another class at the same time
and save an additional 5-percent.
Pre-registration is required.
Class sizes are kept small, so seating is limited. Please email or call us to
For more information and to register for Apache training,
contact us today.
This class is taught by Jeremy C. Reed. Reed was an editor for internet.com's
Apache Today for two years and has written several articles (for various
media) teaching about and promoting the Apache Web Server. He also
helped organize and run an Apache WebServer Administrator
Job Task Analysis survey which included 200 task statements.
As a head Unix
admin for a multi-state ISP and as a consultant, Reed has installed,
upgraded, maintained, configured, patched, and load-tested various
versions of Apache HTTPD (including Stronghold) powering over a
thousand websites since 1997. Reed has taught Apache Web Server
administration classes and workshops
in the Seattle, Washington area and in Phoenix, Arizona, USA.
In addition, Reed also helps maintain Apache packages for the NetBSD /